James G. Tarvin
GBI Assistant SAC – Retired
James Tarvin specializes in corporate investigations and white collar crime for Hawk PI. His 33 years of law enforcement experience, 31 years as a Special Agent with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, provide clients with top tier skills, integrity, and professionalism.
He is currently an investigator for Hawk PI and teaches counter-surveillance, surveillance video, electronic tracking, and other technical surveillance disciplines. James has conducted background investigations for the Defense Intelligence Agency, Department of Defense, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and other federal agencies, in addition to field investigations of drug trafficking, health care fraud, and identity theft.
James holds a masters degree in public administration from Columbus State University and a Bachelor of Science degree in law enforcement from Jacksonville State University.
- Client Relations
- Liaison with Law Enforcement & Attorneys
- Master’s Degree, Public Administration – Columbus State University
- Bachelor’s Degree, Law Enforcement – Jacksonville State University
- Georgia Board of Private Detective & Security Agencies
- Georgia Peace Officers Association of Georgia
- Top Secret Security Clearance