Lars is the co-author of the book Digital Forensics for Legal Professionals: Understanding Digital Evidence from the Warrant to the Courtroom, published by Syngess, an imprint of Elsevier Publishing. He is also co-author of the book Digital Forensics Trial Graphics: Educating the Jury Through Effective Use of Visuals, Published by Academic Press, 2017. His forthcoming book, The Attorneys Field Guide to Digital Forensics: Mobile Phones, will be released in the third quarter of 2021.
He spoke at the largest and most prominent annual digital forensics conferences, the Computer Enterprise and Investigations Conference (CEIC), in 2011 and 2013, and the EnFuse Conference in 2016 and 2019. Lars has qualified as an expert witness and testified in both state and federal courts, qualifying as a digital forensics expert, computer forensics expert, cell phone forensics expert, video forensics expert, and photo forensics expert. He has testified for both the defense and prosecution.
Lars has attended over 500 hours of forensic training and has worked on hundreds of cases involving murder, sexual exploitation, terrorism, rape, kidnapping, intellectual property, fraud, wrongful death, employee wrongdoing, and insurance losses, among numerous other types of cases. He provides dozens of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and Continuing Education (CE) training classes for attorneys and claims professionals across the United States every year.
- Cell Phone Forensics
- Cellular Technology Forensics
- Computer Forensics
- Computer Hardware / Software
- Cyber Incidents / Cyber Crime
- Digital Forensics
- Mobile Device Forensics
- Telecommunication Systems
- EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE)
- Cellebrite Certified Operator (CCO)
- Cellebrite Certified Physical Analyst (CCPA)’
- Certified Internet Protocol Telecommunications Specialist (CIPTS)
- Certified Telecommunications Analyst (CTA)
- Certified Telecommunications Network Specialist (CTNS)
- Certified Wireless Analyst (CWA)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of North Carolina